The Interim Finance Committee meets Thursday, May 5 at 9 am.
There are several work program items on the agenda that affect children:
9. Office of the Governor – COVID-19 Relief Programs – FY 2023 Transfer of $30,000,000 from the Reserve category to the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Child Care category to support an allocation to the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Welfare and Supportive Services to fund competitive grants for child care provider expansion. Requires Interim Finance approval since the amount transferred to the ARPA Child Care category exceeds $75,000. RELATES TO ITEM E.19. Work Program #23FR132708
19. Department of Health and Human Services – Welfare and Supportive Services – Child Assistance and Development – FY 2023 Addition of $30,000,000 in federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Funds transferred from the COVID-19 Relief Programs account to fund competitive grants for child care provider expansions. Requires Interim Finance approval since the amount added to the Transfer-In State ARPA category exceeds $75,000. RELATES TO ITEM E.9. Work Program #23FRF32671
6. Department of Health and Human Services – Public and Behavioral Health – Women, Infants, and Children Food Supplement – FY 2022 Addition of $267,703 in federal Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Online Ordering Grant funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service received through a competitive subaward from the Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition to support a pilot program for a new ordering platform to integrate online ordering. Requires Interim Finance approval since the amount added to the WIC Shopper App category exceeds $75,000. Work Program #C58473
Want to make your comments known?
How To Provide Public Comment
Things to know:
· Public comment is available by phone, written, and by mail
· Each caller is limited to not more than 2 minutes.
· Please consider writing your testimony out and practice (timing yourself) before you call.
Where to call:
1. To call in to provide testimony during this period of Public comment in the meeting any time after 9 am on Thursday, May 5, 2022, dial (669) 900-6833.
2. When prompted to provide the Meeting ID, please enter 876 3289 8038 and then press #. When prompted for a Participant ID, please press #.
3. To resolve any issues related to dialing in to provide public comment for this meeting, please call (775) 684-6990.
What to say:
Here is a sample script –
Hello Interim Finance Committee,
My name is _________. I am ______ (introduce yourself and spell your name). I would like to call in [support work program _____or have concerns over work program ____] and agenda item ____. Provide 1-2 sentences supporting your stance or concerns.
Thank you for your time and for investing in Nevada’s children and families.
What to do if you can’t call in:
You can submit comments in writing! Written comments may be submitted electronically before, during, or after the meeting by email to IFC@lcb.state.nv.us. You may also mail written documents to the Fiscal Analysis Division, 401 South Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701, or fax them to (775) 684-6475.