The Interim Finance Committee meets Thursday, October 20 at 9 am.
The agenda is available here.
There are several work program items on the agenda that affect children:
Want to make your comments known?
How To Provide Public Comment
Things to know:
· Public comment is available by phone, written, and by mail
· Each caller is limited to not more than 2 minutes.
· Please consider writing your testimony out and practice (timing yourself) before you call.
Where to call:
Public testimony under this agenda item may be presented in person, by phone or by written comment.
1) Because of time considerations, each person offering testimony during this period of public comment will be limited to not more than 2 minutes.
2) To call in to provide testimony during this period of public comment in the meeting any time after 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 20, 2022, dial (669) 900-6833. When prompted to provide the Meeting ID, please enter 896 7375 8942 and then press #. When prompted for a Participant ID, please press #. To resolve any issues related to dialing in to provide public comment for this meeting, please call (775) 684-6990.
3) A person may also have comments added to the minutes of the meeting by submitting them in writing either in addition to testifying or in lieu of testifying. Written comments may be submitted electronically before, during, or after the meeting by email to IFC@lcb.state.nv.us. You may also mail written documents to the Fiscal Analysis Division, 401 South Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701, or fax them to (775) 684-6475.
What to say:
Here is a sample script –
Hello Interim Finance Committee,
My name is _________. I am ______ (introduce yourself and spell your name). I would like to call in [support work program _____or have concerns over work program ____] and agenda item ____. Provide 1-2 sentences supporting your stance or concerns.
Thank you for your time and for investing in Nevada’s children and families.
What to do if you can’t call in:
You can submit comments in writing! Written comments may be submitted electronically before, during, or after the meeting by email to IFC@lcb.state.nv.us. You may also mail written documents to the Fiscal Analysis Division, 401 South Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701, or fax them to (775) 684-6475.